PRINCIPLES OF KINGDOM LIVING
RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD
In the sixth chapter of Hebrews, there is a list of six basic foundational truths. Among these is the “Resurrection Of The Dead”. For the believer to have an adequate foundation in his life, he must firmly believe in the resurrection. It is faith in a resurrected Lord that gives meaning and purpose to our existence in the Kingdom of God. It is the basis of our hope, both present and future.
1) WHAT ARE THE THREE NEW TESTAMENT RESURRECTIONS THAT WE MUST CONSIDER?
A. Of Jesus Christ–Past.
B. Spiritual resurrection of the believer in Christ – Present.
C. The final resurrection of “all that are in the grave” – Future.
(2) DID JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY RISE FROM THE DEAD?
A. Yes. The Scriptures substantiate this in many places.
1. In the New Testament: (I Corinthians 15:20); (Matthew 28:6); (Acts 2:24); (Acts 3:15).
2. In the Old Testament: (Psalms 16:8-11); (Psalms 110:1).
B. Jesus was seen after His resurrection (Acts 1:3); (I Corinthians 15:5-8);(Matthew 28:17); (Mark 16:9,14); (John 20:18-20); (21:14).
C. Jesus was resurrected with the same body that was crucified (John 2:19-22); (Luke 22:55) (Luke 24:43); (John 20:27-28).
(3) MUST ONE BELIEVE IN THE RESURRECTION?
A. YES! It is an important revelation and fact (I Corinthians 15:12-22).
B. It is vital to our salvation (Romans 10:9).
C. It is declared a foundational truth (Hebrews 6:1-2).
(4) WHAT IS DECLARED IN THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST?
A. Justification of believers (Romans 4:25); (I Corinthians 15:17);
(II Corinthians 5:15).
B. Death is defeated (Romans 6:9); (I Corinthians 15:54-58).
C. Jesus Christ is the Son of God (Romans 1:4).
D. Jesus is the Lord of All (Matthew 28:18); (Ephesians 1:20-23); (Colossians 1:16-20).
E. A new life source (I Peter 1:3).
F. Judgement is promised (Acts 17:31); (Hebrews 10:10-12).
(5) HOW ARE WE PRESENTLY RESURRECTED IN CHRIST?
A. We are quickened, or “made alive together with Christ” (Ephesians 2:1);
(4:6); (Colossians 2:13); (II Corinthians 5:14-15,17).
B. This resurrection is expressed through water baptism (Romans 6:4-5); Colossians 2:12).
C. There is proof within our lives to show that this resurrection has occurred:
1. A new master is served and obeyed (II Corinthians 5:15); (Romans 14:7-9).
2. Faith is established (Romans 6:11).
3. A new life (Romans 6:4); (7:6); (Galatians 6:15); (Ephesians 4:23-24).
4. New purpose (Colossians 3:1-2); (Romans 8:28).
(6) WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT THE FUTURE RESURRECTION THAT WILL TAKE PLACE?
A. The Bible speaks of it. It will be connected with the last day and the second coming of Jesus Christ, but only God knows when it will take place (John 6:39,40,44,54); (John 11:23-24); (I Corinthians 5:23,51,52);(I Thessalonians 4:16).
B. All that are in the grave shall be resurrected (John 5:24, 29); (Acts 24:15).
C. The believer shall receive a glorious body, like that of the Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:21); (I John 3:2); (I Corinthians 15:29,49); (I Corinthians 15:38,43,44).
PRINCIPLES OF KINGDOM LIVING
LESSON 17a—STUDY SHEET
CHRISTIAN HOME AND FAMILY
1. It is faith in a resurrected Lord that gives meaning and purpose to our ______________ in the Kingdom of God. It is the ____________________ of our hope, both present and future.
2. What are the three New Testament Resurrections that we must consider?
1. _________________________________ 2. ___________________ 3. _________________________________.
3. I Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ ______________________ from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.
4. I Corinthians 15:4-7 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures; and that he was _________________ of Cephas, then of the twelve: after that, he was seen of ______________________ brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
5. John 20:27-28 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not ____________ but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my ____________.
6. Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath _______________________________, thou shalt be saved.
7. Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was ______________________ for our justification .
8. I Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a . by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
9. Who has Jesus quickened (made alive), who were dead in trespasses and sins?
10. What is the proof in our lives that shows that this resurrection has actually occurred? _____________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________ __________ __
11. Acts 24:15 And have __________________________________________, which they themselves also allow, that there _____________________________________ a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
12. The believer shall receive a ____________________________________________, like that of the Lord Jesus Christ.