PRINCIPLES OF KINGDOM LIVING
The subject before us is a notable one. It is the last foundational truth to be listed in (Hebrew 6:1-2). Some have suggested that a God of love will not judge or punish any person. We know that our God is a God of love, yet we also know that He is a God of
justice as well.
(1) WHAT IS MEANT BY ETERNAL JUDGMENT?
A. Judgment means “the result of judging, trying or
B. Judgment means “the result of judging trying or passing sentence upon; a judicial decision”.
C. Eternal does not only mean everlasting, but also “final, or that which has no appeal”.
(2) WHO WILL DO THE JUDGING AND HOW WILL HE JUDGE?
1. God is the judge of all (Hebrews 12:23).
2. God’s throne has been established for judgment (Psalms 9:7).
B. Will be administered by Christ:
1. The Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment, and given authority to judge, unto the Son (John 5:22,27).
2. Jesus was ordained to be the judge (Acts 10:42).
3. Jesus will sit in the judgment seat (Romans 14:10), and the secrets of men will be judged by Him (Romans 2:16).
C. Will be judged in righteousness and with equity (Psalms 9:8); (Psalms 96:13).
(3) WHY MUST THERE BE A JUDGMENT?
A. Ungodliness (Jude 15); (II Peter 3:7); (2:6).
B. Disobedience (Romans 2:8-11); (Jude 6); (II Thessalonians 1:7-9); (Hebrews 3:18).
C. Unrighteousness (II Peter 2:9).
D. Unbelief (John 3:18,36); (Mark 16:16); (John 5:24).
E. Sin (Romans 5:12): (I Corinthians 15:21-22).
F. Transgression (Romans 5:15-18).
G. Evil Works (John 3:19).
(4) WHEN WILL JUDGMENT TAKE PLACE?
Eternal judgment, like the resurrection, has three aspects. These aspects are:
1. Sin (Isaiah 53:4-6); (John 1:29); (II Corinthians 5:21); (Hebrews 10:1-14). 2. Satan (John 16:11); (Colossians 2:15). 3. World (John 12:31); (16:11); (3:19); (9:39-41).
4. Man (John 3:18); (John 5:24); (Romans 5:9); (8:1).
1. Sinners (Romans 1:18-31); (Ephesians 5:6).
2. Believers (I Corinthians 11:31-32); (5:5,13); (I Timothy 1:20); (Hebrews 12:8-10).
1. Believers – judged for their works and rewarded (Revelation 11:18); (Matthew 25:16); (Romans 14:12); (I Corinthians 3:11-15); (4:5); (II Corinthians 5:10).
2. Sinners – judged for their sin and disobedience and punished (Matthew 25:46); (II Thessalonians 1:8-9); (Revelation 20:15).
(5) WHEN WILL THIS FUTURE JUDGMENT TAKE PLACE?
A. After Death (Hebrews 9:27).
B. Last Day (John 12:48).
C. The “Day of judgment” (Matthew 10:15); (I John 4:17); (II Peter 2:9).
D. The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 25:31); (II Thessalonians 1:7-10); (II Timothy 4:1); (Jude 14,15).
(6) WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF THE JUDGMENT?
A. Unbelievers – eternal punishment (Matthew 25:41); (John 3:36); (Mark 9:48); (Jude 7); (II Thessalonians 1:8-9).
B. Believers – eternal life and joy (John 11:25-26); (Philippians 1:23); (Matthew 25:20-23). (James 1:12) says that the believer is to be crowned with life!
(7) WHAT DOES THE CERTAINTY OF THIS JUDGMENT PRODUCE?
A. A motive for repentance as seen in (Acts 17:31-32).
B. Holiness (II Corinthians 5:9-10); (II Peter 3:11,14).
C. Prayer and Watchfulness (Mark 13:33); (Revelation 3:11).
D. It should motivate believers to be diligent in presenting the salvation message to sinners.
PRINCIPLES OF KINGDOM LIVING
LESSON 17b –STUDY SHEET
Answer these questions and be prepared to discuss this chapter in the next class.
1. We know that our God is a God of ________________________, yet we also know that He is a God of ______________________________ as well.
2. What does Eternal Judgment mean? _____________________________________________
3. What does Hebrews 12:23 say about our God? _ ____________________________________________________________________________ _ _
4. Who will administer the judgement?
5. Psalms 9:8 And he shall judge the world in _________________________, he shall minister judgment to the people in .
6. II Thessalonians 1:7-9 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that __________________ not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting ___________________________ from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power.
7. II Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be ______________________ for us,
who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in __________ .
8. John 16:11 Of judgment, because the ______________________________ is judged.
9. I Corinthians 11:31-32 For if we would judge _____________________________ we
should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are ________________________
of the Lord, that we ___________________________ be condemned with the world.
10. What does Revelation 11:18 tell us about judgment for the believers.
See also Romans 14:12; I Corinthians 3:11-15; I Corinthians 4:5 & II Corinthians 5:10 to help you answer this one.
11. When will this future judgment take place? _______ ____________________________________________________________________ _________ _
12. What will the results of the judgment be for:
13. The certainty of this judgment should
believers to be ___________________________________________ in presenting
the salvation message to sinners.